Daily Menorah Lighting Schedule
at City Center
The Hannukiah at City Center will be lit on each consecutive night of Hanukkah by the Jewish Community Organization:
- Monday Dec, 7th at 6:00PM Rodef Sholom Temple
- Tuesday Dec, 8th at 6:00PM Temple Beth El
- Wednesday Dec, 9th at 6:00PM UJCVP 2015 Israel Trip Group
- Thursday Dec. 10th at 6:00PM Congregation Emet v’Or
- Friday Dec. 11th at 4:00PM Teen youth group (BBYO)
- Saturday Dec. 12th at 5:00PM Temple Sinai
- Sunday Dec 13th at 6:00PM Adath Jeshurun Congregation.
Hanukkah is an 8 day celebration known as the Festival of Lights. It celebrates religious freedom. 2000 years ago, the Jewish people lived in peace, but when a new King came to power he declared that everyone worship his many gods. There was a big battle and after many years the Jewish people won the right to have religious freedom again. When the Jews went to the Temple to clean it up and rededicate it, they only found enough oil to light the menorah for one night. A great miracle occurred; the oil lasted 8 nights, enough time to make more sacred oil. Hanukkah is celebrated by Jewish populations around the world. From Mexico to Russia to France, Brazil to South Africa to Italy, Japan to Turkey to Israel to New Zealand the menorah is lit nightly, dreidel games are played, songs are sung, and foods made with oil are eaten. We hope the whole community comes out to celebrate Sunday December 6th, 2015 at 6:00PM. If you would like more information contact 930-1422 or e-mail Jennifer.